detail therapy

*





Monday 29 March 2010

kick ass

I had the bath running and I was kneeling on the end of my bed, leaning over my laptop, sunk in Facebook. As we all know, time dilates on the internet and I kept meaning to check on the bath. Eventually, I heard something that sounded ominously like water hitting the floor. It was at this point that I realised that I'd been kneeling too long and I had no sensation in my feet. They were more than numb, my ankles were floppy. I urgently needed to get to the bathroom but I couldn't balance, never mind walk or run (like I needed to right now).

And so I crawled whimpering down the hallway, pulled myself grimly across the hot puddle, shut off the water and lay there hanging from the tap, panting.

Who needs action movies when you can experience terror, panic and pain in your own home?

No comments: